Sunday, November 20, 2011

Give Thanks

Today James watched Charlie Brown for the first time.  It’s a rainy day, and I figured there was no better background TV than Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving.

Justin is a huge Charlie Brown fan, which is why a friend gave these DVDs to James. {Thanks Christine!}  I thought James would play and occasionally learn a little Thanksgiving lesson, but instead this what I got… like father like son.

FYI: Snoopy and a beach chair get in a little fight.

A couple times a month James will laugh a little while watching TV, but never like this.  I love the sound of his laugh.

There is of course a lesson in Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving.  Marcie says, “But Thanksgiving is more than eating, Chuck. You heard what Linus was saying out there. Those early Pilgrims were thankful for what had happened to them, and we should be thankful, too. We should just be thankful for being together. I think that's what they mean by 'Thanksgiving,' Charlie Brown.'"

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I hope you enjoy all the delicious food.  But I especially hope that we all find thanks in being together this holiday.  Happy {early} Thanksgiving.  May it bring you together, and bring joy and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment