Friday, October 12, 2012

Snail

Last Friday morning, I ran out to the car to grab something and saw a snail.  It was slowly on the move, not dead or “sweeping.”  I had to get my little nature buddy, as this would not be a visitor he would want to miss.

Oct 20126

I stood in the driveway in my pajamas knowing that getting to school on time would be pushing it, and having the time to put on make-up had definitely passed.

Oct 20127

I reminded myself to let this sweet boy live in the moment.

IMG_3658

He was one happy camper.

IMG_3661

I rescued snail when he fell in the crack.  {AKA I rescued snail from James rescuing snail, as he wanted to pick him up to save him.}

IMG_3664

Yes, I’m Mom of the Year.  I stopped our morning to watch a snail.  I still managed to get James to school on time.  Then I came back home and stepped on snail.  I literally gasped “OH NO!”  So, I picked up the pieces {may he rest in peace}, and I later lied to James.  He repeatedly asked “Where’s snail?  What hoppened.”  I lied, “Snail must have moved on his way.  Maybe he was hungry.  Maybe he went to find his family.  That’s just what snails do; they slowly keep on moving.”  James said, “I gonna find him.”  My poor little animal/bug lover.  May he keep this innocence forever.

IMG_3689

2 comments: