Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

And the festivities begin.  I was telling a friend last night that although James has no clue what is going on, it’s so fun to pretend the holidays are all about him.  So yesterday, we went to get a Christmas tree for James! :)

IMG_2550cropped

We didn’t find our tree at the first stop, but James was introduced to a few trees and like usual, enjoyed being outside.

IMG_2557

IMG_2563

We put his jacket on for the next stop, and he reminded us of the kid from The Christmas Story that gets stuck in his snowsuit.  “I can’t put my arms down!”

IMG_2567

What a funny little guy.

IMG_2579

He played a bit more,

IMG_2596bw

IMG_2592

while we tried to find the perfect tree.  (this was not it.)

IMG_2572

We found a tree and left the decorating for this morning.  We started the tradition of letting James put his ornament on the tree first.  (Or Daddy putting it on for him.)

IMG_2637

Although the Fighting Gators haven’t had their best season, it’s still Great to be a Florida Gator.  So I made sure to pick out an extra special first ornament for James.

IMG_2641cropped

IMG_2638

Then we finished decorating, while James played with his Nativity set.

IMG_2619

When I would try to take his picture, he kept scooting to me.

IMG_2627

And I thought,

IMG_2654

Awe, how sweet.

IMG_2648

So sweet he shows his affection now.  The last couple of days, when I sit on the floor, he’s been climbing to my lap.

IMG_2649

Until I saw that all-too-familiar look on his face.

IMG_2656

And I knew I wasn’t the goal here.

IMG_2652

My lens cap was dangling from my camera.

IMG_2630

{By the way, just wondered why James hadn’t made a peep in about 5 minutes, only to find him chewing on Lynyrd’s dog food.  My fault for forgetting to put it up this morning.  Luckily it didn’t seem to do any damage.  Just bad breath.}

Oh, and the Christmas tree is up.  Waiting to be tugged, and eaten and tipped.  What an eventful month of December this should be!

Christmastree

2 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOVE the first ornament! Maybe a Gaot ornament each year should be a tradition for him.....just sayin! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I was in a hurry Monday because I meant GATOR ornament. My bad.

    ReplyDelete