Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat

As a last minute plan, we took James trick or treating for Halloween. Our cousins, Laurie and Jay Thomy, (who just moved to Columbia!) asked us to join them, and we couldn’t resist. I’m so glad we went, because we had a blast!

First we made a quick stop by Nanny and G-G’s house.

IMG_2292

They’ve been spending so much time with James lately (and helping Justin and I so much!) that, they can hardly go a few days without seeing their little pumpkin. In fact, it was a joke that James didn’t seem to understand we were just stopping to visit, rather than the usual ‘drop off, thanks, and see you later!’

IMG_2296

IMG_2300edited

James knows at Nanny and G-G’s he gets lots of “sugar” – hugs and kisses. But what he didn’t know is that Nanny Sasa bought him a cupcake. He’s only tried a little icing once, but I thought, “It’s Halloween so, why not!”

Being a first-timer with this stuff, I didn’t think to roll up his sleeves or put a bib on. He dove in so fast that he immediately got icing on his costume and hat, and Justin had to jump in for damage-control.

IMG_2312

IMG_2315

By the time he was finishing up, he had a bib, sleeves rolled up and the hat off.

IMG_2319

He flipped it over and went for the wrapper. We were so caught up in the fun that it took me a few minutes to remember that he’s only been eating pureed solids and would choke on the actual cupcake!

IMG_2325

IMG_2326

Nanny quickly took it away and to my surprise there were no tears.

HalloweenCupcake

He got some Nanny sugar, and we were on our way!

IMG_2334

{Intermission: This is going to be a long blog…}

Laurie and Jay have two girls: Catie – 4 years old, and Ellie – 1 1/2 years old.

IMG_2353

Now that the Thomy’s live in Columbia, James will be seeing his cousins often! (And hopefully will stop the who-are-you-and-I’m-gonna-steal-that-chicken-nugget-stare.)

IMG_2358

Belle, Snow White, and The Pumpkin were ready to trick or treat!

Halloweentrickortreat

Well, James stayed in the stroller and didn’t make a peep until the very end. And I had so much fun watching the girls run around from house to house. (I love how Catie is holding her dress up as she walks up the stairs. Like a true princess should.)

CatieEllieHalloween2

After visiting several houses, Catie told us “this is the greatest night of my life.” It was so sweet. Have I mentioned I love this girl, yet?

IMG_2369

After the usual bedtime, we knew it was time to get the kiddies home.

IMG_2374

We had such a fun time with the Thomy’s and are looking forward to all of our get-togethers.

IMG_2379

IMG_2380

I remember telling Justin the last coulple of years on holidays that I felt like we were ready for the holidays to be about the kids. But we just didn’t have the kid yet! It was so much fun to be a Mom this Halloween. I can only imagine how fun Christmas will be!

I know you thought this was over, but I can’t forget my little soldier.

IMG_2273

Sergeant K9 was less than pleased to report to duty this Halloween.

IMG_2275

Happy Halloween! I hope everyone had as much fun as we did!

1 comment:

  1. Just precious! So great about the "new Columbian cousins!" Uncle D and I so enjoy your photos and prolific commentary. (BIg words, huh!)

    We are all so blessed.

    ReplyDelete