Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Tra-Tra-Tree!

We got our Christmas tree a couple of weeks ago.  Let’s just say it was a hit!

Christmas Card'11Christmas Card'111

For one Christmas and one more week of our lives, I get to hear James say “a tra-tra-tree!”  With all the inflection and enthusiasm in the world.  He loves Christmas trees.  And I figure by next year, he’ll either say it correctly, or say it differently.  But for now, I’m loving every tra-tree syllable I can get.

IMG_0041IMG_0026

We looked at all the trees, picked out our favorite,

 IMG_0057

and were pleasantly surprised to take the tree with us!

IMG_9993

Then we went home to bring the tree into our house… What?  A tree in a house?  James was filled with more confusion and excitement than I ever thought possible.

So what did he do?  He helped Daddy.

Christmas Card'112Christmas Card'113

{And I clearly, by the way, did not help.}

Christmas Card'114Christmas Card'115Christmas Card'116

Eventually a kid gets tired, right?

Christmas Card'117

But he wouldn’t let go of the tree.  In fear that it would soon be gone.  So we gave up his shirt instead.  In Mommy’s fear of sap stains.

Christmas Card'118Christmas Card'119Christmas Card'1110

And finally, he sat down.  On the window sill behind the tree.

IMG_0119

We had lunch, James napped then, we decorated the tree when he woke up.  I put camera down for the day and decided to help out. :)

I snapped this from my phone one day.

photo

And that’s the best/only picture we have of our tree.  If there is one thing proven on this Christmas tree day for the Helfers; it’s that boys are busy.  Very, very busy.

1 comment:

  1. What fun pictures! I'm so glad baby James enjoyed his tree! And how did I miss that Instagram picture?! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete