Monday, June 14, 2010

First Road Trip, May 19, 2010

James’ first trip to Jacksonville Beach, Florida was long overdue as there were so many people waiting to meet him! When my brother, Josh, was diagnosed with cancer a month ago, I knew I needed to be home. And I know if there is one thing James Wallace can do, it’s put a smile on anyone’s face.

Amy (being the wonderful friend that she is) drove James and I to Savannah where my parents (also being wonderful) picked us up! We were in Jacksonville until Justin drove down for Memorial Day a week and a half later. (A very long 10 days, might I add, that Daddy had to spend without his growing son. We love you, Justin, and thanks for being such a trooper!)

Amy brought her adorable son, Watson, along for the ride.

roadtrip_JW&Watson2

We stopped to feed the babies/future best friends. And Amy even let Lynyrd come along!

roadtrip_JW&Watson

Once we got to the beach, James met his Uncle Josh and Uncle Hampton. He was immediately spoiled and loved – every body wanted to hold him!

collage

Then, the moment we’ve been waiting for… James got to meet his cousin, Everly Grey Kahle, who was born on April 19, 2010. Which means, I finally got to meet my only niece! And she is just beautiful.

Grey

That’s right, Papa couldn’t be happier. In just one month, all of Grammy and Papa’s dreams have come true…

Grammy&Papa

Except suddenly they don’t have a free hand!

Grammy&Papa2

Not that we have heard one complaint. :)

James also got to meet Uncle Jude and Aunt Dena, and Jude and Justin had some Daddy Bonding Time.

JudeandJustin

Over the course of the week, James and Uncle Josh spent a lot of time together. It wasn’t until then that we realized how much James takes after his Uncle Josh.

With his charm…

collage3

his energy…

gatorhat2

IMAG0076

and his, er, moods…

collage2

James tried to be patient…

UncleJosh2

while Uncle Josh dressed him up.

collage4

But they sure did love each other.

sleeping

We had such a wonderful first road trip that we have already planned another! We’ll be heading back for the Fourth of July (this time with Justin!) This trip was such a blessing. It’s funny how it’s the rough times in life that end up meaning the most and bringing everyone together. This last month has made me realize that I wouldn’t be who I am without my siblings, and I could not imagine a hardship without them. I may be crazy for posting this on my blog, but it is this month that has also made me realize that I have to give James at least one sibling so, he will grow up with that love. Don’t get any ideas… it won’t be any time soon!!

P.S. My computer is back!

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmm...the last one of James and Josh sleeping is definitely one to frame. Absolutely precious! It's amazing how much better things are in the presence of a beautiful baby...let along two!! Love you all, and all of the Kahles are in our prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete