Friday, February 25, 2011

Big Day. Big Boy.

James and I had such a big day yesterday, starting off with school registration at our church, Eastminster Presbyterian! Starting in September, James will go to school 2 or 3 mornings a week mainly to socialize him while, also gaining a little independence. He hasn’t been doing so well in situations where he has anything less than undivided attention. And maybe one day, long from today, he’ll have to share Mommy and Daddy with a brother or sister.

IMG_4008

I had heard school was full and James would most likely be put on a waiting list so, I was shocked when he got in. As I walked down the long halls of the school to pick him up from the drop-in nursery, I couldn’t help but feel a little bittersweet that my baby boy would soon be toddling into a classroom with a backpack that will almost be bigger than he is.

IMG_4003

James has been getting bad reports from the nursery of my gym so, I was expecting the worst when I checked in on him. I was shocked to see that he was playing with other kids and shocked to hear that he was “doing great!” Then, the nursery attendant told me that he had been walking while holding onto her finger, and that she thought this could be the day that he starts on his own. As much as I have wanted James to start walking, I felt like signing up for school was all the ‘big boy’ I could take for one day!

Luckily, he did not learn to walk yesterday. But Papa was in town and came by to surprise his grandson after his nap!

IMG_3964

(I love that little ‘I just woke up’ nap face that babies get. And I love the body James’ hair is starting to get now that it’s longer… he may never get a haircut.)

IMG_3965

He quickly warmed up to Papa,

IMG_3969

IMG_3970edited

and wanted to show him all his new tricks! Starting with playing in the backyard.

IMG_3979cropped

He walked (supported) of course, and followed Lynyrd saying, “guh, guh, guh, guh, guh.”

JW 11 months2

He especially had a lot to say to Papa…

talkingtopapacollage

He has been very talkative lately. I love the sound of his sweet little voice and can’t wait to understand all that he has to say. (Although, I’ve heard once they start talking, you can’t get them to stop!)

My Mom has always said, “Your father has the patience of Job.” I love to watch him spend time with James, and he’s always so patient as James learns and plays.

IMG_3984

IMG_3988

IMG_3992

Until he undoubtedly tries to eat the “flower”, and that’s the end of that.

IMG_3995

A full day for a big boy! School registration, “almost” taking your first steps, playing with Papa outside! I’d call it a great day.

Papa, thanks for coming over to play. James loves to hang with you!

11monthshang

2 comments:

  1. Love it too! I'm so glad there's this great online resource so we can share in the fun!

    ReplyDelete