Tuesday, February 22, 2011

White Trash

Looking over today’s pictures, two words, and two words only, came to mind. White Trash.

IMG_3945

It’s February and nearly 80 degrees outside, but dressing a baby isn’t like dressing yourself. Grabbing a pair of last year’s shorts, would have been a Newborn size. I realized today – on this warm, sunny February day – that my son has no shorts. I thought maybe, White Trash Rules don’t apply if you’re in the privacy of your own backyard???

IMG_3943

IMG_3946

Once inside, James of course read some books with his new Justin Bieber hairdo. (Which is so not WT, by the way, and so in right now.)

IMG_3932

IMG_3935

His new obsession lately is trying to get to this lamp (that I’ve had since college, and would LOVE an excuse to get a new one!) It’s blocked by the couch, the staircase, and his basket of books. However, today I caught him wedged into the corner to get to it. Just to turn it on. And turn it off. Over and over again. God love their simple, little minds.

IMG_3949

Then to notice, he was one foot deep in my purse. Hope my sunglasses weren’t in there.

IMG_3954

Nothing like an ice cold beer to top off a White Trash day. That’s right, James tried his first sip of Daddy’s beer today. (Judging eyes, you’re not welcome here.)

Every time Justin has a beer, James tries to get it. Climbs to it, wines, begs, stares, licks his lips, you name it: He lets us know he wants it. So we thought we’d give him a little taste.

He won’t taste anything without touching it with his finger first.

IMG_3956

He took a sip (that mostly landed on his bib).

IMG_3957

And that was all it took.

IMG_3959

I don’t think he’ll be begging for beer anymore.

Hope you enjoyed our White Trash Day as much as we did. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love it! No judging here..I'm sure Mikey will do the same with ours one day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! My parents have a picture of me making the same face after my first sip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the same face I make when I taste milk. Uncle D

    ReplyDelete