Tuesday, March 15, 2011

James Wallace’s Baptism

Sunday morning, March 13, 2011, my Sweet Baby James was baptized at our church, Eastminster Presbyterian.

We are not allowed to take pictures in the church, but we snapped a couple in the back.

IMG_4551edMy only attempt of Justin and James before

baptismSandyJust before his baptism

IMG_4559

IMG_4560

It was a quick little ceremony in the beginning of our church service, but it was four of the best minutes of my life. During the prayer, Pastor Brad let James play in the Holy Water as I believe he would have done anything to keep him happy.

IMG_4571After his baptism. Hair still wet from the Holy Water (melt my heart).

IMG_4570cropped

Following the baptism, we headed to our house for brunch. In my craziness of hosting two celebrations in one weekend, I didn’t take any pictures of the table. We had chicken salad pastries, a fruit tray, egg casserole, muffins, pickled shrimp, and cheese and crackers.

I did however, get my camera out for the kids as I watched them one by one run through the house directly to the backyard expecting to see bouncy houses, bubbles, pinatas, cupcakes and a party. So we blew up the bouncy houses and let them play in their church clothes.

IMG_4589

IMG_4596

IMG_4586

IMG_4599

I watched them quickly deteriorate as each and every child was EXHAUSTED from the night before. They went through the motions of playing, but their little bodies just couldn’t keep up.

IMG_4595

harper

IMG_8314

IMG_4636

But one little Dupree energizer bunny kept going,

IMG_4624ed

and going,

IMG_4629ed

and going,

Watson

and going.

IMG_4641ed

Before all the kids went home for naps. we sat around outside for a bit.

IMG_4603

IMG_4612

IMG_4616

IMG_4618

Then, we all called it a weekend and ended the party. At the end of the baptism, Pastor Brad held James up to our church family and announced, “Meet your new brother in Christ, James Wallace.” It was so sweet that I nearly started crying in front of the whole congregation. We love you, James. You are our gift from God and the light of our family.

IMG_4565

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad some of us could keep it together during the ceremony! :) It was such a special day and we felt so honored to be a part of it. Love you James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several tears left my face, the ceremony was so perfect! We were so happy to be a part of such an amazing weekend for your family! Happy Birthday and Congrats Big Boy James!!

    ReplyDelete