Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

We started our Easter morning with a full basket from the Easter Bunny!

EasterBasket

It was filled with spring clothes, books, a new kind of sippy cup, movies, eggs filled with goodies, jammies, a phone, and James’ first chocolate Easter bunny! 

All James really cared about were the books.

13 months5

We read for a bit then, dug in for the goodies.  And then, we got really excited. :)

IMG_5218

IMG_5226

IMG_5228

Before we knew it, it was time to get ready for church!  I’ve kind of given up on getting a church picture of Justin and James, but I did try to snap one of James beforehand.  It sure is hard now that he’s moving! 

This is the best I could get (in the corner, with a paci and a book).

13 months6

IMG_5242cropped

After a beautiful church service, we went over to Nanny Sasa’s for an Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Dinner.

IMG_5265cropped

IMG_5262

It was naptime, and James wanted nothing to do with anything, but his Nanny.

13 months7

But once he learned the eggs were filled with goodies, he suddenly got his second wind!

IMG_5273

It is so clear when he is in a familiar place.  He was running through the house like he owns it.  I could hardly keep up!

13 months8

IMG_5281

And cousins Harper and James did what all kids do on Easter: They played and ate chocolate and fought over toys.

IMG_5295cropped

IMG_5297(What a bully)

IMG_5307cropped

IMG_5302cropped

13 months9

I love that they live so close and are growing up together.  Harper jumped up and down when we pulled into the driveway, “Baby James is here!  Baby James is here!”

IMG_5298cropped

And here are two of my favorite pictures of this Easter.  This is right before we ate.  I love pictures like these that capture the true moment.  I see a busy kitchen with two tired kids and three generations.  I see Nanny’s homemade macaroni and cheese that didn’t make it to the table.  And I can see why.  I see my pregnant sister with my niece to be.  I see my son growing up in the house my husband grew up in.  I see love and I see care.  And I love it all.

IMG_5277

IMG_5278

Happy Easter everyone!  I hope you have had a wonderful day!

IMG_5237cropped

No comments:

Post a Comment