Saturday, April 16, 2011

a perfect day

I don’t plan on doing the “month birthday” blogs now that the star of the show is one year old.  However, it just so happened that we had a great day on James’ 13 month birthday today!

IMG_5017cropped

Between being out of town and being busy, it seems like it’s been so long since we’ve had a simple family day.  We spent the morning in, while James toddled around playing with his toys.

IMG_5041

13 month collage

After a poor night’s sleep, he fought the fussiness…

IMG_5046

It can very frustrating when you can’t figure out how to get the little person in his car! 

IMG_5054

But after a little TLC and a three hour nap, James was ready to continue the day!

IMG_5049cropped

We had an early dinner at Ruby Tuesdays (very random for us – haven’t been there since I was eight months pregnant and craving it – but that’s where we ended up).  And James loved it!  He shared my salad bar and turkey mini burgers.  He ate coleslaw, edamame and chick peas (dipped in ranch), turkey burger with ketchup, and biscuits.  And milk, of course.

IMG_5063(a happy face covered with ketchup)

And it’s this sweet little face where I so often see my baby brother, Hampton, in James. {My 27 year old baby brother.}

IMG_5065cropped

Coincidentally, our next stop was the park.  James’ second visit to the park.  His first time was exactly one month ago on his first birthday.  Taking James back to that very place made me realize just how fast they grow up.

One month ago, James had just started taking steps on his own, but was by no means walking.  Today, we held his hand walking through the pine straw and sticks and up the steps, but by the end he was wiggling his hand out of ours to do it all by himself.

IMG_5067cropped

IMG_5078ac

JW13monthsatpark

We stuck to the swings again, but I don’t doubt it will be long before James is playing all over the park.

IMG_5096ac

swinging13months

We headed home, played with Lynyrd, learned how to get the little person in his car, and had a great night.  I love my family.  And I cherish days like these.  Every step of the way.

IMG_5079ac

1 comment:

  1. I almost didn't comment, because I'm feeling a little stalkerish, but hey, since I am already here...adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete