Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Getting out of the Army {Part 1}

We are officially out of the Army, and let me tell you, it has been a process.  Justin has exhausted himself with out-processing, dodging another deployment, starting a new career, and all the emotion that comes with such a big transition.

There was a Change of Command ceremony at Fort Jackson to welcome the new Company Commander and honor Captain Helfer’s seven years of service.

Army19Apr12 COC (5)19Apr12 COC (60)19Apr12 COC (65)

The Colonel gave an amazing speech about my husband, the impact he has made on the Army, and his lifelong potential.

Army1

And then Justin spoke.

19Apr12 COC (236)

He wouldn’t practice for me beforehand so, I had no expectations.  I was blown away.  I was thankful and proud.  His words were full of emotion.

Army2Army3Army4

Justin passed the torch to the new Company Commander.  He has big shoes to fill, but I believe he’s the man for the job.

19Apr12 COC (102)19Apr12 COC (112)

To pay your respect to the incoming Company Commander, you do not ‘hang around’ for long after the ceremony.  So we said our goodbyes…

Army5

and took a few family photos.

IMG_040519Apr12 COC (12)IMG_0409crop

Just as getting out of the Army is a process, so will be my blog. Stay tuned. :)

IMG_3647IMG_3642

No comments:

Post a Comment