Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Bible

James has really grown to love the Bible.  I got his little southern accent saying ‘Bible’ on video.

We read him books every day.  He LOVES reading, but for some reason he has fixated on holding the Bible all by himself.  He wants to read it.   And he wants to flip through the pages.  All. By. Himself.  When Callie came over to play today, James actually let her hold the Bible and read to him.  It was surprising and sweet.

June 20127

I love this picture… I’m starting a collection of all the pictures where James is staring at Callie.

photo 5

I took a video when James and I were playing today.  I thought it was so cute that he was calling his harmonica a “mont-ka” so, that’s why I started taping.  But he picked up his Bible and started talking about “Bible stories about Jesus” and “Let’s seeeee… Noah’s big boat and the rain” and “the lamb and the mouse” and “Jonah and the whale” and “let’s see…see, see, see” and so on.  He usually talks this much, but I don’t usually get it on video.  It’s a four minute video, but too precious to trim.  You have to really love him to watch the whole thing.  And my favorite part is that he started reading it like they do at school with the book facing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment