Saturday, June 2, 2012

Baby Bowen

My sweet niece, Bowen Kate Ratliff, was born on March 19, 2012.

IMG_2216

She has since been melting the hearts of everyone she meets.  And I felt like I couldn’t get to Charleston soon enough to meet her!

IMG_2214

We finally made a trip when Bowen was 8 weeks old.  {This is me loving her so much that I can’t decide if I like the pictures better colored or black and white.}

June 2012

She’s the sweetest, happiest, most beautiful baby.  She barely fussed, she smiled, and she slept.  Bowen snoozed in the backyard,

IMG_2243

while the boys played, and the mommies took pictures.

IMG_2232

Oh, and did I mention James came along?

IMG_2231crop

He was on his best big boy behavior.

June 20121

We asked Sandy to keep James so, we wouldn’t take a germy boy around a baby.  But unfortunately, Sandy got sick.  As it turned out, The Ratliffs wanted us to bring James anyways, and we actually wanted to bring him to meet cousin Bowen.  It worked out perfectly, and James kept a safe distance from baby Bowen at all times.

IMG_2223

We also brought Lynyrd.

IMG_3992

Lynyrd knew cousin Baxter would need some moral support.  Having a baby join the family is not always easy.

IMG_4028

But Baxter is a great big brother, and we have no doubt that with a little more sleep, he will continue to adjust.

IMG_2228IMG_2238

I am so impressed with Jason and Katie as parents.  They are 100% a team, and they truly make parenting look easy.

IMG_3993IMG_4013

Even though they’re a little too young to appreciate it, it was wonderful getting the cousins together.

IMG_4016

Family is so important, and we expect James to one day play the big brother role when BoBo needs him.

June 20122

We love you so much, Bowen Kate.  I look forward to watching you grow and being in your life always.  You are blessed to have such great parents.  And you can come to Aunt Chollet for anything!  Happy 5th Anniversary to my cousins, Jason and Katie.  I am so proud of you two!  We love your guts! :) {Ha ha, gotta end with an inside joke!}

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it! so precious! Definitly printing out some of these pics for frames!

    ReplyDelete