Friday, September 28, 2012

James at Two and a Half {Part 1}

It’s been months since I’ve blogged pictures from my phone so, I may have to post them in multiple blogs and in no particular order.  I think daily that I will one day forget all these amazing things James says and does everyday, and to be honest, that thought kinda breaks my heart.  So I constantly tell myself that I MUST document it.  Here is my attempt…

Aside from the twos sometimes being terrible, I am really loving this stage.  I mostly love our conversations.

IMG_6726

You pretty much narrate your entire day.  For example, “I gonna go outside.  I outside.  I gonna go down da steps.  It’s weawy {really} cold.  Oh no, it’s not cold.  That’s siwwy {silly}!”  And so on and so forth.  You often throw your hands up and say, “I did it!” or “I made it!” for accomplishments big and small, even just walking down stairs.

IMG_6725crop

“I puwwin’ da weeds!”

IMG_6867crop

“I put da food in my bewy {belly}.”

IMG_6722

To say you thrive off positive reinforcement is an understatement.

IMG_6606

Your favorite thing to do right now is anything that adults do. Baking,

IMG_6749

sweeping,

IMG_6558

reading the paper,

IMG_6083

and cooking… while wearing an oven mit… how do I say no when he’s doing it correctly?  {That’s not a rhetorical question.  I literally stood there and stammered, deciding not to reprimand, because he completely gets it.}

IMG_6696

But you especially love taking care of your puppy.  {Or at least you think that you are.}  You help him eat {or put his food in your dump truck},

IMG_6719

try to open doors for him, sneak him snacks when you think I’m not looking, take him to the groomers and vet with me, but most importantly, you give him gentle TLC… most of the time.

photo 4

Lynyrd even sits around while you pet him.  {That sometimes means that you just press down hard on his back, or pet against his hair growth, but you’re trying.}

photo 5IMG_6693

And you kiss Lynyrd every night before you go to bed.  It’s no secret that you can be a handful, but you truly have the sweetest, kindest, most sensitive heart.  You love to help.  Your most common question is “what happened?”  whether a page in your book is folded, a TV character shows emotion, or pretty much ANYTHING “happens.”  You even shared your Boo Boo Buddy ice pack with Papa, just cause you’re that kind of guy.

IMG_6541

You absolutely LOVE bugs, which was fitting for your bug-themed birthday party.  You stop in your tracks for every bug you see.  I now plan for an extra few nature minutes to get to preschool.

IMG_6160photo7IMG_6671

Your favorites are snails and spittle bugs.  You adopted a pet spittle bug below.  I didn’t have the heart to clean him up right away… He was dead.  About every 15 – 30 minutes, you’d say “oh, I gonna go check on my spittle bug.”

IMG_6792

We often find snails on our porch and driveway, always checking on them throughout the day.  I eventually toss the dead ones in the bushes when you’re not looking, knowing that you will repeatedly ask me “what happened?  What happened to my snail?”  I explain all day that snails move slowly, but they do move.  And maybe snail needed to find some lunch, and so on.  This is how close you get to bugs… saying things like “Hi snail.  Dat’s my snail.  Hi wittle snail.”

IMG_6783

You saw a worm yesterday morning and said “It’s a dead worm.  Sssshhhhhh, he’s sweeping.”  I love that you can identify a dead bug, but still have the innocence of thinking it’s sleeping.

photo6

Here’s a good breaking point.  And one of my favorite pieces of James’ school work.

IMG_6799

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blog. I was thinking about y'all last night, and how you do treasure every precious moment and word James says.

    About him expecting us to take a baf with him - I said to UD "maybe James thinks we're siblings and he said, "Well, (like DUuuhh), Daddy came home, hugged James, hugged you, then me. There you go."

    ReplyDelete