Monday, December 13, 2010

Here, There, and Everywhere

If you have seen me in the last two weeks, I’ve told you that James has not yet noticed our Christmas tree. Well, all bets are off, and it is now one of his favorite places to sneak off to.

3+.

With all this energy to burn, we went to Leapin’ Lizards so, James could play with Callie! He even started following around some big kids that we didn’t know. A few falls here and there didn’t seem to slow him down.

leapinlizardscollage

IMG_2778

I’ve read about this “learning” age of nine months, and it’s given me a new perspective on our little explorer. James has to have his hands on EVERYTHING, and then EVERTHING goes into his mouth. He bangs things together, drops things on the floor, grabs at my nose, tries to pull my eyelashes out, chases Lynyrd, eats Lynyrd’s dog food (we’ve put a stop to that), and the list goes on and on. This is the only way he knows how to learn the difference between things, textures, cause and effect, his abilities, etc. Looking at each moment like it’s a learning experience helps my patience as I follow this sweet baby around.

IMG_2803

IMG_2805

Out of all that’s out there waiting for James, his most favorite place to crawl is my lap or feet. You might think this is a normal picture of Justin and me before his Holiday Ball.

IMG_2808

Until you see what we’re really smiling about.

IMG_2809

Like we could ever forget our happy baby. Clapping and smiling so big his eyes are closed.

IMG_2811cropped

1 comment:

  1. Y'all look terrific and so happy. (The latter is the important one.)
    Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete