Friday, May 20, 2011

James’ First Haircut

Sniff, sniff. Wipe my tear.


I’ve known this day was approaching for a couple of months now. When James was mistaken for a girl a few weeks ago in Publix, I let it go. It used to happen here and there when he was a newborn… it hasn’t happened in what seems like forever… so, I let it go. The second time he was mistaken for a girl {in Publix again – what the heck!}, I scheduled his first haircut.


James’ first haircut was sentimental.


IMG_5764cropped


Scary.


IMG_5777cropped


Terrifying.


IMG_5768


So bad that animal crackers didn’t help.


IMG_5770cropped


Not funny at all.


IMG_5778cropped



Incomprehensible.


IMG_5775


Absolutely the worst thing that could happen to a person.


IMG_5773


But it didn’t last long. And Ms. Kelly was great {and earned a 90% tip}.


IMG_5783cropped


And we were out the door in no time. And it was that moment that James got his first real lollipop.


IMG_5786


And that lollipop saved the day. James finished every last lick and cried if we tried to take it away.


1sthaircut5.20


Today my baby took one step closer to growing up.


IMG_5805cropped


And although the haircut experience was less than ideal, I couldn’t be prouder of my big boy.


IMG_5803


I love you, my Sweet Baby James.


IMG_5798bwcrop

No comments:

Post a Comment