Thursday, September 22, 2011

Halloween Sneak Peek

So, as we may – or may not - remember from last year, I can’t resist taking {and posting} costume pictures… before Halloween.

IMG_1301cropped[2]

Last year, it was that day when I discovered that the duck was a bad idea, as my six month old nearly choked on the yellow fur and the costume got stuck on him.  Literally.  We couldn’t get it off.

So, change of plans and my baby was a pumpkin for his first Halloween.  Classic and sweet and babyish.  And most importantly, safe.

pumpkin

I’m all about dressing babies in babyish costumes while you can.  Won’t be long before James is calling the shots.

Until then, I think dressing him as his favorite celebrity is clearly the right thing to do.  So, Bob the Builder it is.

Bob

Since James isn’t into dressing up yet, and tends to fight most things, I thought I’d ease him into the accessories first.

He hates wearing hats, but was fascinated with his new Bob Hat!  (We’re working on wearing it longer than 1.5 seconds.)

Hat

I knew the only way to possibly get him to wear a tool belt was to make a big deal about Bob’s tools and Bob’s tool belt and Bob this and Bob that. I do have to say these pictures make me a little sad… James’ teething has gotten so bad that he has hardly eaten since Sunday.  And he has definitely lost a couple of pounds. :(

Bob the Builder

He did a great job wearing the tool belt!  It’s the first time we’ve ever talked about tools, but he immediately got the concept.  We focused on the screwdriver, and I don’t know how he learned this, but he grunts when he’s fixing something.  Kinda funny.

IMG_8760

He’s a great handy man around the house.  His pager informs him of incoming jobs. Although he thinks it’s a phone.  And he wiggled his tool belt to the side, always staying true to his swagger and style.

IMG_8757

He fixes trucks and trains.

IMG_8752

Shopping carts.

IMG_8762

Storm doors.

IMG_8750edit

Even puppies.

IMG_8748edit

Puppies must be harder to fix, because it took some extra time.  Although he was very, very gentle.

IMG_8749edit

Being a builder is a very important job.  Rarely do you have time for the paparazzi.  But when you do, it’s always best to sing your theme song: “Bob the builder, can he fix it?  Bob the builder, yes he can!”  Or as James sings, “Bob the Bob, Bob the Bob, Bob the Bob.”

IMG_8755IMG_8756

But don’t worry, I haven’t spoiled all of his costume.  There will be more to see. I can’t guarantee James will cooperate on Halloween, but I can say that I think these next few months of holidays are going to be festive!

IMG_8754edit

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! Too cute! You're so on the ball. I haven't even thought about Halloween, much less costumes! I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chollet, he's adorable! And those boys, they're serious about their tools! Can't wait to see his costume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! He's gotten so much taller since we shared breakfast two? weeks ago! UD will be stunned!

    And James loks so adorable, precious, fetching, and heart melting, as usual.

    ReplyDelete