Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jacksonville Visit {from my phone}

After a last minute plan to visit my family, a long week of a crying toddler - refusing food, sleep, and pacifiers - a Hand Foot Mouth Virus scare at preschool, and two visits to the pediatrician with a bad case of teething diagnosis, we packed our bags up Saturday morning and drove down to Florida!  {Hello, run-on sentence.  Goodbye, week from Hell.}

photo_18

It’s been a long time since I’ve been home.  One of the reasons has been my dread of 10 hours in a car with a toddler.  I can thank my wonderful husband for overnighting this portable DVD player.

coby

James hardly made a peep on the five hour drive there.  He did however, say “Bob” about 5,000 times in request to watch Bob the Builder.  And he did however, skip his nap {out of excitement for his DVD player} for the very first time of his life.  Not a good outcome, by the way.

photo_14

Saturday morning, James’ mouth had a miraculous recovery, which = smiles = appetite = happy family.  With eyes that never left the TV…

Jax

I don’t recommend skipping naps.  James hit his wall at 4:30.  Leaving three hours of a meltdown before bedtime.  So tired that he thought he didn’t need to sleep.  Here’s the video monitor.  I guess he gave up.

photo_13edit

I have to admit, I only took one picture with my camera this entire trip.  Here are a few random pictures from my phone.

Lynyrd and his teeny tiny shadow.

photo_1

My brother has a goldfish, and it was James’ go-to-happy-spot the whole trip.  I don’t know if it had a name before this trip, but his new name is “Ish”.  James talked about him every. five. minutes.

photo_2

At some point, my brother talked Justin into doing handstand pushups.  {Now that is random.} And it’s moments like this why Justin fits right into my hyperactive family. 5 minutes later, this picture was on Facebook, and a video was posted on youtube.

photo_10

Josh and James.

photo_7

Lynyrd and his one true love, Maggie.

photo_9

Justin, Josh, James and I went to the Jacksonville Beach Pier.  It’s five minutes from my parents’ house.  The original was torn down by a hurricane a few years ago, and we hadn’t been to the new one yet.  We realized that having a kid to entertain keeps you going places and doing things that might otherwise pass you by.

photo_pier1_lomo

James loved it.  He chased the birds around saying, “chirp, chirp”.

photo_pier4_lomophoto_pier2_lomophoto_19_lomophoto_pier5_lomophoto_pier9lomo2

We took James to lunch then home for a nap.  When he woke up, we went to the beach.  He wanted to be in the water the entire time so, there was no time to take pictures.  I was just happy to see him laughing.

{Insert mental image here}

We left Tuesday morning.  James was a little tougher to soothe on the way home, but did great nonetheless.  Bob the Builder and a blue raspberry tootsie pop {gross} did the trick.

photo_3photo_4

It was a well-rounded trip, and it felt good to visit my beach home.  It always feels good to get back though.  Which is a feeling that I appreciate.

photo_5edit

And the picture I took with my camera was from my parents porch when the sun was going down.  Not a bad view.

IMG_8791

No comments:

Post a Comment