Monday, March 19, 2012

Buzz Lightyear

Disclaimer: Lengthy blog, but completely necessary for my documentation :) Also, may have a few repeat pictures.

On New Years Day, cousin Harper came over to play with his Buzz Lightyear toy.  A 12 inch tall Space Ranger from the movie, Toy Story.  Equipped with buttons, gadgets and lasers.  It was love at first sight for James.  And ever since, Buzz Lightyear has been his obsession favorite toy, movie, and topic of conversation.

We immediately bought him his very own Buzz Lightyear.  Only to sit in our garage for two months awaiting James’ birthday.  I told myself week after week, “don’t teach indulgence” as I often wanted to give him this toy early.  Also week after week, Justin told me no.

On Valentine’s Day, we gave James a Toy Story book with 12 little figurines included.  He absolutely loved it, and carries the little Buzz everywhere he goes.

photo_5

He was so excited to have this tiny Buzz that he wouldn’t eat until lunch the next day.

photo_9

To see his appreciation for such a small thing made me feel like I am doing something right.  Now, if I can just keep him this appreciative forever…

photo_2

It was the best $7 dollars I’ve ever spent.

photo_11

In fact, I didn’t notice quite how much Buzz was with us until looking back…

photo_130

They shared Teddy Grahams and danced the Dosey Doe.

Buzz1

They watched the tractors and trucks drive by.

photo_132

When Jack came to visit, James shared all his other toys, but kept Buzz tight in his hand.

IMG_0542

He even started taking care of Buzz.  Brushing his teeth.

Buzz

And feeding him breakfast.  Woody got Cheerios and juice that morning, too.

1photo 1

They eat popsicles “icecocles” together.

2photo 2

They play outside together.  In the sandbox.

5photo 5

James even takes turns on the slide.

3photo 3

James gave him a nickname: Buzzy.  Buzzy rarely leaves James’ hand.  However, sometimes he does.  And I can honestly say, on average for the month of February, I spent an hour a day looking for Buzz.  I don’t regret it, either.  There are just some things that Mommies do for their babies without question.

photo_1crop

So, drum roll please…. We gave James the real Buzz Lightyear for his birthday, and to no surprise, HE LOVED IT!

IMG_0640crop

Buzz immediately started flying through the house.

James' 2nd Bday

That sweet Buzzy would stop every now and then though, to kiss James.

IMG_0665

The love is mutual.  And my favorite part is that now James isn’t as obsessed with the movie, because he has his very own Buzzy.  I’ll take playing over watching tv any day!

IMG_0669crop

He has slept with Buzz every night and nap since.

IMG_0673crop

He still loves his little buzz, but this one is much easier for Mommy to find. :)

IMG_0641

3 comments:

  1. My favorite picture is the one where Buzz went down the slide. I thought I would never be one of those moms that buys all the stuff with the Disney charcters... until I saw the JOY toy story has brought to Jack! He now has Buzz sheets and comforter, gads of shirts, backpack, and multiple figurines! What great pictures of James and Buzzy (big and small). Happy birhtday, little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally teared up at the first picture of him with big Buzzy. I'm such a sap!

    ReplyDelete