Friday, March 30, 2012

James’ 2nd Birthday

Pictures from March 16, 2012

My sweet baby boy turned two on Friday, March 16th.  Just like his first birthday, I took a picture when I first saw him… realizing this will be the last time I walk into his room with a camera, as opposed to him running free. {of course, he had Buzz}

IMG_0681

James woke up to a surprise present from Grandpa and Grandma in the living room!  A train table that was constructed while he was sleeping.  As I bagged cookies and gummy worms for the bug themed party, Justin {and Lynyrd} put together the table.

James' 2nd Bday9

It was a late night, but it felt like Christmas.  The Lord knew we had a full two days ahead of us, and my baby slept until 8:00 on his birthday morning!  We told him he had a present downstairs from Grandma and Grandpa!  Parenting Lesson learned: Don’t call something a “present” unless it is wrapped.  He looked at the table and said “No, I no yike it.  No.  Present?  No. No.  Present?”  Justin and I just looked at each other like ‘you have got to be kidding me.’ 

Ten minutes later, he LOVED his new train table. :)

IMG_0691edit

His two year well-check is next week, but I think he weighs about the same as he did a year ago.  Isn’t that crazy?! 

photo 9crop

He didn’t stay on the scale long enough for the results…  He looks so much taller and older and big-boy than he did a year ago.  My baby is certainly not a baby anymore.

photo 11

Last year, James had his birthday party the weekend before his birthday.  I was able to party-plan like crazy then, enjoy his entire birthday with him.  This year was quite the opposite.  His birthday party was scheduled for 10:00 the next morning.  I tried extra hard to make the day special, while getting things done.  A morning with Sasa was the best option for everyone. :)

First, James played some more with his train table.

James' 2nd Bday10IMG_0703

And spent some quality time with Buzzy.  He has thought it is Buzz’s birthday for two weeks now.

IMG_0705

Buzzy doesn’t leave the house so, James hugged him goodbye before he went to Sasa’s.

IMG_0698

Justin and I collectively cleaned the house, did yard work, made cupcakes and marshmallow pops, grocery shopped, and ran last minute errands.  One of us picked him up {the details of the day are already becoming a blur}, and he eventually went down for what ended up being a marathon nap.  The birthday boy sampled two marshmallow pops when he awoke and watched his favorite movie.

photo 12

Justin and I decided to put all party preparations on hold until James’s bedtime.  We went to an early dinner at Pizza Joint.  There’s just something I love about having certain memories as just the three of us.

James playing with his DaddyJames' 2nd Bday11

Since Christmas, I’ve kept this little toy in my purse for dinners out and such.  It lights up and spins when the button is pressed, and it never fails to entertain James while waiting for his food.

James' 2nd Bday12

Next stop?  Party City to get a balloon.  {I love this picture}

photo 21

I try to keep James from getting hold of balloons.  I’ve heard a few horror stories of balloons popping in a child’s mouth and causing suffocation or brain damage.  Crazy, right?  It’s just one of those things that I’ve heard, and can’t pretend like I don’t know it’s a possibility.  Mylar Balloons though are completely safe.  James loves a Sandra Boynton book called “Happy Birthday, Little Pookie” in which Pookie gets “a whole day of birthday surprises.”  Getting a balloon is one of them so, it’s only fitting to add that to our birthday traditions.

James nearly exploded with excitement when he saw a store full of Disney characters.  And therefore, had a meltdown upon leaving.

James' 2nd Bday13

He held his Buzz Lightyear Birthday Balloon as close as possible on the way home.

photo 22

That’s the last picture I took for the day.  James rested up for his birthday party the next morning, and the celebrations continued!

Happy Birthday to my favorite two year old boy!  You are my life, my sweet baby James.  I love you more than you ever will know.

IMG_0706

No comments:

Post a Comment