Friday, April 13, 2012

Dying Eggs Again

After James dyed his Easter Eggs, I had a feeling we’d be doing it again.  His friend, Connor, was planning on dying eggs so, what do I do?  I volunteer my new kitchen for these toddlers to dye Easter Eggs.  It was a cold, rainy Spring Break morning so, our creativity was confined to indoors.  You can call me crazy, but I would do it all over again tomorrow if I could.

IMG_1178

I laid down a giant blanket to protect the floor, put old clothes on my baby, and kept wipes nearby to prevent tiny fingerprints on our freshly painted walls.  Then I let go and enjoyed watching these two go to work.

IMG_1173

It was pretty funny.  All James cared about was trying to use the utensil.

Easter 201213

And Connor just wanted to squish the eggs.

IMG_1173

They squished and dyed eggs, talked, concentrated, laughed and then, they got that look in their eyes…

Easter 201214

Like they thought they were in charge.  Like they had a plan.

IMG_1190IMG_1191IMG_1192IMG_1193IMG_1194IMG_1195

So we tried to help them dye eggs from the tray.

IMG_1200

Lindsey and I finally admitted our boys didn’t care about dying eggs.  Connor had squished an egg, dyed the yolk, and was carrying it around on a plate.  He wouldn’t let go.  And Lynyrd followed him like a little puppy, so to say.  I don’t think Connor minded.

Easter 201215

We had such a fun time.  Lindsay and I laughed as we watched our boys dye egg yolks and pour colored water out.  This was our final product.

photo 12

We finished the morning off with bunny sandwiches, pears, goldfish and milk.

photo 11

Connor and Lindsay, we had such a great time with you, as always.  I would preserve this green little plate of egg yolk if I could.  Just for you, Connor. :)

IMG_1202

No comments:

Post a Comment