Monday, April 2, 2012

Dying our eggs {first time}

Anytime I do anything holiday related as a family or with my baby, it makes me feel sentimental.  The fact that this is James’ THIRD Easter makes me feel really sentimental in itself.  Although, in dire need of yet another haircut, I declare James Wallace mature enough to dye Easter Eggs.

IMG_1047editIMG_1049editIMG_1050edit

In the backyard, of course. :)  Looking at these pictures, I’m sure Daddy would point out that James is left handed.  And Mommy is proud that James has officially learned his colors.

Easter 2012IMG_1127edit

The first thing James did was squish the eggs.  Once we got past that, I considered these eggs nothing more than a toddler sensory project.  Well, and an Easter memory.

Easter 20121IMG_1090IMG_1097Easter 20122

James had an Easter Egg Hunt at school last week.  We opened all the eggs on Friday to get his goodies.  When he opened a real egg, he was not happy to get yolk instead of jelly beans.

IMG_1113crop

He almost started crying.

IMG_1121

I love that James has a favorite color.  For as long as he has known what colors are, green has been his favorite.  His teacher always has him do green projects at school, and I love it. :)

IMG_1128crop

This is his latest school project, and it’s one of my favorite things in the whole world.

IMG_3058crop

When James concentrates so deeply it’s hard to get a smile out of him.  I could hardly get him to look up, but I was determined to get something.

IMG_1130warmfly

After all the playing outside, we decided to wash up and take a break.  Missing a few spots.

IMG_1147edit

I don’t know how I will ever throw these away.  They’ll probably stink my whole house up before I finally let go. :)

EasterEggs

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment