Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Birthday, Nanny!

Today is Nanny Sasa’s birthday so, we rounded up the crew and went to dinner!  I didn’t get many pictures, because I was embarrassing my husband with my bright camera flash, but I did sneak in a couple.

IMG_3341cropped

You never know with Sandy where she’ll choose to have her birthday dinner.  It can be anywhere from Carrabba’s to McAlisters.  And this year, it was Mexican at San Jose.  No complaint from mi familia (especially my preggers sister, Kelly.  That’s right, I have another little niece or nephew on the way!)

As for now, this nephew of mine is enjoying his Nanny and G-G time.

IMG_3343warmfly

He even managed to blow the candles out before Nanny Sasa could get to them!

IMG_3342

Meanwhile, this Sweet Child O’ Mine polished off a cheese quesadilla then, moved on to some birthday cake.

IMG_3344

This delicious cake took him to a place between excitement and shock, as he literally sat there for about 10 minutes swirling his arms in the air eating bite after bite.

IMG_3347

Before we took these sugar-filled babies home, we stopped for a couple of hugs and kisses with the birthday girl.

IMG_3352

IMG_3354

And then what every two year old boy wants to do: throw pennies in the fountain.

IMG_3361

I really wanted a picture of James and Justin wearing matching shirts. (yes, that was my doing with some help from Kelly)  But since it was near snowing tonight, I didn’t want to make James go outside without his coat  So, we soaked in the Mexicano ambiance, and I tried to get one inside.  Of course that didn’t work, because Justin was embarrassed and sighed, “Can you at least point the flash away from the restaurant?” 

IMG_3362

And all James cared about was the fountain.

IMG_3355

But would this really be a true Helfer blog if both parties posed at the same time? 

IMG_3356

No.

Moving on.

We took this baby home as he was partied out.

IMG_3368

Thank you for sharing your birthday with us, Sandy.  It touches my heart to have somebody love my child as much as you do.  You love my husband and baby selflessly, and I appreciate each and every sacrifice you make for my family.  I can honestly say, I couldn’t do it without you. 

Happy Birthday, Nanny Sasa.  We love you!

IMG_3349

No comments:

Post a Comment