Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My house

Is no longer my house. 

IMG_3278

That’s right.  Go back and look at that picture again.  Underneath that toy bin, baby gate, multicolored floor mats, racetrack and baby is my fireplace.

Everything in this picture is strategically placed.

Last week, James discovered the fireplace and all the little rocks in it.  Rocks are not a recommended toy.  So to James’ dismay, we put up a baby gate.

IMG_3298

Now he tries to climb up the gate,

IMG_3302

and slips on the marble.  So we got floor mats,

IMG_3283

which he tries to tear apart so, we use a big, heavy bin to help keep the mats and the gate intact. 

The racetrack is one of his new favorite toys from Nanny Sasa.  So, that is a decoy to distract him from the area that once was my fireplace.

IMG_3045sepia

If we look to the right of the former fireplace, there is a table. 

IMG_3286

A table with a drawer.

IMG_3288

And a couch.  A couch with a dog.

IMG_3284

And a window.  A fascinating, one-of-a-kind window.

IMG_3310

But that window is so close to that bin.

9.5 months

And there we go again.

IMG_3292

James likes to pick up everything of ours.  And he likes to put his things where he thinks they should go. (lately we’ve found his toys sitting on our entertainment center.)

IMG_3296

All this moving around inevitably causes some bumps and bruises.

IMG_3299-1

In his downtime, he still chews on everything.

IMG_3305

Then we head upstairs, cause we just learned how. 

 IMG_3277

There’s a gate at the top of the stairs, but not YET at the bottom.

IMG_3276

And we continue to cause trouble all over the house.  Pulling the curtains down, taking the dirt out of potted plants, taking the few toys that Lynyrd has out, chewing on any controller, phone or iPod that we can get our grimy little hands on, etc. 

I take each thing from him, as I baby proof daily.  Half the time when he doesn’t get what he wants, this little firecracker arches his back, kicks his arms and legs and screams.  For about 3 seconds. 

IMG_3314

Then,  he opens his eyes to see my reaction, and I say, “James, you know that doesn’t work with me.”  And I look forward to the day that he understands those words. 

Sweet Baby James.  He keeps me on my toes.

IMG_3315cropped

And I love him. 

IMG_3321

And love him.

IMG_3322

And love him to pieces.

IMG_3325

No comments:

Post a Comment