Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Ten Months, Baby Boy

I cannot even begin to explain the sentimentality I feel of this ten month age.

IMG_3419bw

Don’t even get me started about how I know James Wallace needs his first hair cut…

IMG_3461bw

But I just haven’t quite been able to bring myself to take him to that milestone.

IMG_3456bw

Since I skipped the 8 and 9 month blogs, I know I’ll want documented that James was scooting at 8 months and crawling a week later.

At 9 months, he started pulling himself up to a standing position.

At ten months, he is beginning to understand language and will cooperate when asked to do so.  Like “take another sip” or “one more bite” or “take your paci out.”

IMG_3506bw

IMG_3510croppedbw

He loves to imitate.  Exaggerated chewing, kisses, coughing, but his new favorite imitation is clearing his throat.  He loves to throw his arms up when he hears touchdown, but mostly he loves to throw his arms up then, hear you yell touchdown.  That James... he’s a ham.

IMG_3479bw

James has always enjoyed toys that light up and play music, but he now also loves trucks.  He loves to watch the wheels spin, and if this counts, his first words were “vroom vroom.”

IMG_3459croppedbw

Of course, he’s still the little firecracker he’s always been.

IMG_3443bw

Don’t get me wrong: His good moods are great. 

IMG_3486bw

I often get asked while we’re out and about, “Is he always this happy?”  To which I reply, “The first 6 months were horrible,” and I smile, laugh and kiss his sweet forehead, and admit that he is a very happy baby, now. 

IMG_3493bw

But his bad moods are baaaaaaad. 

Lately, his temper tantrums are our biggest struggle.  This is a new thing.  Not a real cry.  Just a loud, screaming, kicking, {sometimes embarrassing}, why are you changing my diaper or making me put that jacket on, rant and rave.  It’s all an act followed sometimes by hyperventilating, but always by one eye opened to see our reaction.

This is just a little taste…

IMG_3448bw

and it never performs without the lip.

IMG_3450bw

But we love those eyes.  And we love those lips.  And we know that God knew The Helfers wouldn’t be The Helfers without this little addition to our family. 

IMG_3464bw

I love you, James Wallace.  I love all that you bring to our family and I love all that you are.  Happy ten month birthday, My Sweet Baby James.

JWandmebw

3 comments:

  1. Happy 10 months and 1 day Baby James! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see so many family members in his facial expressions. Love him and y'all so much!

    ReplyDelete