Sunday, June 12, 2011

Backyard Beach Bum

This could be a continuation of yesterday’s blog, but I took these pictures afterwards.

James now cries a lot at the backdoor to play outside.  Yes, it requires prep work (sunblock, change of diaper/clothes, etc.) for an often short-lived adventure.  Yes, there’s always a mess to clean up.  And yes, James often needs a midday bath.  But who could say no to such a simple request as wanting to have fun?

IMG_6090

So we go outside, enjoy the hot summer days, and eat {blue} popsicles.

IMG_6105acIMG_6067

James has actually lost weight in the last month.  It’s normal for toddlers to slow their weight gain, and we’ve cut back a little on milk (per the doctor’s orders – not because he’s a chunkster, but because of tummy issues), and this poor baby has constantly had ear infections the last two months, which has affected his appetite at times.  Anyways, where I’m going with this is, LOOK AT THAT BELLY!

IMG_6086cropped

And this is not one of those Tyra Banks bad angle shots.  In every picture, his belly is so big, it looks like he’s one cookie away from stretch marks.  (I can say that, because that baby and belly is mine.  And I love every ounce of it.)

14 months5

One day, Justin and I plan for James to have a sibling (God willing).  In the meantime, Lynyrd is doing a great job.  (Every smile in this blog is at Lynyrd). 

IMG_6096IMG_6068IMG_6070IMG_6073

Those smiles turn to tears every time I end the party and take him inside.

IMG_6111

Looks more like crocodile tears to me.  Although he did fall asleep sitting in his high chair five minutes later.  (It kills me that I didn’t get a picture of that!)

We’ve called James our little beach bum since he loved his first outing at 3 days old.  I cannot wait to share my favorite season with James and Justin this fall, as we carve pumpkins, play in piles of leaves, and go for walks.  I know I’ve said this before, but I love that James reminds our family to enjoy and appreciate the simplicities of life.

IMG_6108bwIMG_6109bw

No comments:

Post a Comment