Friday, June 24, 2011

He’s back!

Thank you all for checking in on my little guy this week.  Here’s an update on he’s doing: After a post surgery nap, James was back to his normal self.  Except for better.  He wasn’t fussy, he wasn’t crying, he wasn’t in any pain.  He immediately fell back into his sleep schedule of waking up around 6:30 as opposed to 5:00 am.  THANK GOODNESS!  I feel blessed and shocked at how quickly his tubes made a difference. 

IMG_6491

James and I have both caught a bug this week. But I am thankful not to have to worry that it will go straight to his ears, like usual.  Although we’re not scared of a little bug now that we have tubes, we’re still taking it easy.   Watching TV from the stairs.

IMG_6488

And this is what I got when I asked him to smile for me.  For such a cute kid, this impromptu “smile” looks more like a Halloween pumpkin.

IMG_6489

The last couple of months James has digressed a little with his speech.  He used to learn new words almost daily, but recently “hmmm??” became the majority of his vocabulary.  After he got the tubes, he started talking more the very same day.  His new word that day was cookie “kkkk-kkkey.”  We think yesterday he started saying “mine”, but we’re hoping that’s not the case.  I’d give him a chip, and he’d grab it and say “my”.  I honestly said to Justin at one point, do you think he’s saying, “thank you”?  I guess I’m beginning to understand Mother’s Denial.

James was feeling so well the day he got his tubes, that I felt celebratory!  We went to visit Nanny Sasa and G-G, where James got to type on the computer {the little business man that he is},

IMG_6459crop

and eat a popsicle with Nanny.

15 months7

His cousins came to visit, and we all agreed James is like a different person without the ear pain.  But he still loves to read.

15 months6IMG_6477ac

He still loves his cousin, Catie. {who spoils him rotten}

15 months5

He still loves his Nanny.

15 months8

And he still loves his G-G.

IMG_6475sepia

To any Mom that is facing tubes, I highly recommend this piece-of-cake “surgery.”  Thank you all for caring so much about my baby.

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing those pics of the "other side" of the family and of sweet Olivia! :) She really is precious!

    UD and I so enjoyed our time with you and James this past Thursday - means so very, very much to us to share our lives. I really do think he is the smartest toddler I've ever known! And cutest.

    Love, Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete