Wednesday, July 20, 2011

my candle

After a long day, I turn my phone off, pour a glass of wine, turn on E News!, and light my favorite Macintosh Yankee Candle.  It’s this time of day that I often look forward to.  I can softly hear Justin reading The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle to James.  He makes different voices for all the animals.  And then I look at my favorite candle.  I see how much our baby boy has changed our life.  For the better, of course.  I have long days, I have a lifetime of responsibility, and I can kiss a lot of luxuries goodbye.  But I wouldn’t trade a single thing.  James Wallace is a gift.  God bless his little heart.

IMG_7105

1 comment:

  1. a train.. a candle..a blessed little boy to have a Mommy like you..taking time to enjoy the special small thing in life. Mom...Grammy

    ReplyDelete