Saturday, July 23, 2011

Family Day. {Part 2}

James woke up from his long nap as happy as he’s ever been.  The guilt festered inside of me as I knew he had to get a haircut.  I considered cancelling his appointment just so we could enjoy his good mood.  But Ms. Kelly probably wouldn’t appreciate that, and it was time to trim these curls again.

IMG_7174cropped

I dreaded this appointment after his first haircut.  But this time was better.  And maybe if they get a little better each time, he won’t cry by the time he’s four.  This time, he didn’t incessantly scream.  It was off and on.

The animal crackers helped a little this time.

IMG_7199cropOFF

IMG_7200ON

IMG_7202cropOFF

IMG_7212cropON

The lollipop helped a lot.

16 months616 months7OFF

From that point on, it was just crocodile tears {with one eye open, of course}.

IMG_7207ON

There were a few other kids getting haircuts.  Distractions are a good thing.  Although  I felt like if looks could talk, they would say, “What’s with this place?” or “You and me, let’s break outta here.”

IMG_7201IMG_7204crop

Then, we were done before we knew it!

Our day reminded me that things don’t always go as planned.  I expected the best trip to the zoo, and Justin and I left frustrated and disappointed.  I dreaded the haircut, but it was a breeze compared to last time.  We thought we’d take James outside to play afterwards, but the heat advisory kept us in.

16 months8

Yes, life with a toddler keeps you on your toes.  A “day off” doesn’t seem to have the same affect it used to.  But that’s life.  And this was a day in our life.

IMG_20110722_161834bw

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Please post an "after" pic. Hope there still are a few curls!

    ReplyDelete