Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bye Paci, bye curls, & bye bye baby

I know I’ve said this 44 times already, but… My baby is officially a big boy.

IMG_8830sat

{I admit, it’s hard to officially be a big boy while wearing a shirt like that so, minus a few details, our baby is now a big boy!}

It all started with his horrible teething/possible hand foot mouth virus ordeal a couple of weeks ago.  Although he wanted his pacifier, he screamed every time it was in his mouth.  After 10 {long} days {and nights} of this, I decided to go ahead and take it.  Making a tough couple of weeks even tougher, but making life down the road easier.  It’s now been three weeks since my sweet big boy James has had a paci.

IMG_8835editIMG_8836edit

His hair has been out of control, and his usual hair dresser has been out on leave.  So we went to a new lady - and GASP - I thought we lost all the curls and gained a bowl cut all in a devastating 10 minutes. 

haircut

As his hair dried, so did my tears.  I realized it wasn’t quite as bad as I thought.

haircut2

And hopefully, those curls are here to stay.

IMG_8818sat

All of a sudden, people {including myself} keep noticing that “James looks so big!”  I say, “yeah, it’s the haircut” or “it’s the fall clothes” or something like that.

18 months1

But the truth is, he’s had a major growth spurt, and is quickly inching his way up to rollercoasters.  Or at least locks and light switches.

18 months2lightswitch18molightswitch18mo2

I wonder at what point you stop thinking “my baby is growing up.”  Maybe never.  I can tell my parents think that about me sometimes.  Especially now that I have a child of my own.  It just seems that no matter how “grown up” one may be, there’s always an innocent heart deep down.

IMG_8848edit

2 comments:

  1. Love him! I think the curls are here to stay. Uncle David says his hair was barely wavy when he was a baby/toddler!

    We played some fun, new games today in your living room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watson's paci got taken away while we were in Vegas! It's kinda sad because it immediately makes them look so grown up! But Watson's poor overbite needs a lot of help, so we were ready to ditch that thing!

    ReplyDelete