Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back in Jax Part III

After a rough night of baby duty, my Mom and Dad did the best thing EVER for me. They took my babies when they were ready to wake up in the morning. And I went back to bed until 11:00! I hadn’t had a morning off since James was born. It was so wonderful that I was grinning from ear to ear when I crawled back into the cozy sheets.

IMG_3104.JPG

James got the typical report: Fussy because he was bored so, they played. Then fussy because he was hungry so, they ate. Then fussy because he was tired so, they finally got to go back to sleep.

IMG_3109_cropped

Apparently he woke up and just watched some TV for a bit. What a dude.

IMG_3111.JPG

Before we left for Jacksonville, James was beginning to sit in his bumbo although his muscles were only strong enough to hold him for a couple of minutes. I took the bumbo with us (along with just about everything else we own). I’m so glad I did, because by the end of the trip his muscles had strengthened so much that he was able to sit for as long as his attention span would allow… which still isn’t that long… but a big improvement!

bumbocollage

Justin came down for the 4th of July, and he and James couldn’t have been happier to spend the holiday together.

IMG_3144.JPGIMG_3147.JPG

That night Justin, Josh and I rode bikes down to the beach to watch the fireworks. It was amazing and as Josh said, “so nice to put our toes in the sand.”

Then on Sunday, Jude, Dena and Grey came over, and the two cousins got to play again!

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_3166sharpen

We are now back in Columbia adjusting to life without the all day every day helping hands. James seems to be old enough this time to have formed some habits on our trip. Such as, not wanting to sleep in his crib last night and not wanting to nap today. But this trip we did learn that James likes a schedule as much as his Mom and Dad so, I’m sure we’ll be back to normal (whatever that is) in no time.

Thank you Grammy and Papa for all of your help. And thank you Josh for welcoming us in this trying time of your life. We love you and are always just a drive away!

No comments:

Post a Comment