Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trying new things

Each night when we bathe James, I say that he is getting too big for this tub and that it’s time we move him from the kitchen counter to the big boy bath. I was just looking for a bath picture of teeny tiny James, but remembered I never got the chance to take any because he screamed and cried throughout every bath. He’s grown so much that now he rarely cries!

IMG_0297

Even Lynyrd loves bath time now, because he can keep his eyes on his brother!

IMG_0306

IMG_0304

Lynyrd and James are becoming best buds, by the way.

IMG_0331

It seems like either James is staring at Lynyrd,

IMG_0209edited

or Lynyrd is staring at James.

IMG_0235

Lynyrd loves to give him kisses.

Lynyrdandjames

And when James goes to sleep at night, we sometimes catch Lynyrd sleeping at his door. Or by the monitor.

IMG_0196

As we all know, James has been trying solid foods. He’s had rice cereal, squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Today, James met the first food he did not like…

IMG_0312

… and that was prunes. I definitely don’t blame him. In fact, I felt guilty even making him try them. The doctor recommended it on the days he needs a little relief. :) So, I made some prune baby food yesterday and it smelled so gross! I mixed it with sweet potatoes this morning (about 70% sweet potatoes, 30% prunes), but I wasn’t fooling anybody.

IMG_0335edited

My boy loves to eat so, he continued to try it even though he wasn’t a fan.

IMG_0337

But just could not bring himself to acquire the taste.

IMG_0343

And could not seem to unfurrow his eyebrows.

IMG_0342

And eventually the battle went to the prunes.

IMG_0344

No comments:

Post a Comment