Saturday, July 24, 2010

Squash

As soon as the doctor gave me the go-ahead to start James on solid foods, I was SO EXCITED to make baby food. He loves rice cereal so much and now gets so excited when we put him in his high chair. He grabs the spoon as we feed him and tries to jam it in his mouth! Next we are supposed to introduce vegetables. Then, fruit. When I was making my first batches of baby food the other day (squash, carrots, and green beans), I couldn’t help but give him a little taste.

squash

He took his first bite…

IMG_0158

and was not sure how he felt about it!

IMG_0159

He gave it some time as it sat in his mouth…

squash2

then, decided he liked it.

IMG_0163

A lot.

IMG_0164

So, he wanted more.

IMG_0166

And more.

squash3

And more.

squash4

My friends tell me that solid foods will be “life changing” for me. That his belly will stay full a little longer, therefore he will sleep a little longer.

IMG_0199

IMG_0201

IMG_0181cropped

1 comment:

  1. What a great series of pics!! Loved the one on FB but this is priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete