Sunday, August 15, 2010

Five months

Sweet Baby James. I have to call you that while I can. It is amazing to me how much you have grown in just five months. You gained nearly 3 pounds this month! When I called the nurse for advice, I said, “I have a good problem. My son eats so much! What else can I do? Last night in two hours, he ate 12 ounces of milk, 6 teaspoons of rice cereal, and a jar of baby food.” Her response was, “Oh my.” So, I am now spoon feeding you more rice cereal in addition to milk, fruits and veggies. This growing full belly is helping you sleep a straight 10 – 12 hours most nights. That is, until you discovered rolling over.

IMG_0715bw

Back to front. Front to back. You love being mobile. It’s been bittersweet. Although we love to see you learn and discover new abilities, this has seriously interrupted your sleep. Therefore, our sleep. You start sleeping on your back and end up rolling over to your stomach. You hate to be on your stomach, but you can’t quite figure out how to roll back over when you’re in the crib, because you don’t have the room. So, you get frustrated (shocker), and cry (another shocker). I’m sure this will be a short-lived phase, but it’s not fun when this happens 4 times per night and during every nap. We take it with a grain of salt though, and can’t help but find it a little cute.

IMG_0711bw

You’ve been trying to tell me ‘Enough with the vegetables; I’m ready for fruit!’

IMG_0672edited

And now pears are your most favorite food.

IMG_0687cropped

You are outgrowing 6 month clothes already, and have several 9 month pieces that fit you like a glove.

IMG_0734

These legs that Papa once called “Olive Garden Breadsticks” are now called “Loaves of bread.”

IMG_0754bw

You try to sit up every chance you get. With a little more balance, you will soon be sitting on your own. All this learning, eating, smiling, laughing and playing is truly making you a happier baby. Happy five months (1 day early). We love you, Sweet Baby James.

1 comment: