Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lazy Saturday

Justin wasn’t feeling well today so, we used that as an excuse to have a lazy day. Well, that’s his excuse; I don’t know what mine is! We had the kind of day where we stayed in our pajamas all day long. It was great!

IMG_1001

Lynyrd took the lazy day to a whole new level. He made us proud.

IMG_1068edited

I had a moment of motivation when the boys napped. I tried to clean the maternity clothes out of my closet – yes, nearly 6 months later – and somehow lost my phone in the black hole. I spent the duration of their nap trying to find it (which was almost an hour!). I couldn’t call it from another phone, because I had it on silent so, I wouldn’t wake the J’s. I finally found it deep in my closet in between clothes that still don’t fit me and Christmas presents that I haven’t been able to resist buying for James (that’s a whole other blog). After that fiasco, I succumbed to the lazy day %100.

Meanwhile, Justin laid on the couch most of the day. (Don’t worry Sandy, your son is okay. Just has a stomach bug and feels achy. I knew he was definitely sick though, when all he would eat was soup and bread.) When I’m sick, I look pale, and my eyes are droopy, and my hair always looks greasy even if it’s clean. But no. Not Justin. He still looks as cute as he did the day I met him.

IMG_1065

We watched movies all day while I tried to keep up with James’ ever-changing activities.

He spit the paci out and tried to be a big boy.

IMG_1006

He played with his baseball.

baseball

And then with his football (that is as big as he is).

IMG_1037edited

Thank you, Aaron, Amy, Emory and Watson. The football is James’ new favorite toy! He loves to chew on the tags! Just like he loves to chew on EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.

IMG_1030

And thank you Erin, Vaughn and Callie for James’ favorite blanket.

IMG_1040

He absolutely loves this blanket. He tries so hard to get to those tags. He is trying and trying to crawl!

IMG_1043

He’s got his legs going, but hasn’t figured out how to use his arms. So, he just buries his head in the floor. Doesn’t seem to be too comfortable.

IMG_1044

IMG_1047

IMG_1051

IMG_1049

It’s a good thing Mommy is nearby to always make sure he comes up for air.

IMG_1057

It is a true reward once he finally gets a hold of those little tags.

IMG_1059

So, that was our lazy day. Seeing James grow so fast makes me realize that one day soon, I won’t be able to sit on the floor with him all day, because he will be crawling away from me! Our house looks like it’s been robbed. I only cleaned the bare necessities today. But I was able to enjoy my family. And those are the days I will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment