Thursday, August 12, 2010

The story of Lynyrd

Andrea, this is for you. :)

People often tell me that they can’t believe I still love my dog now that I have a baby. They wonder how I find the time anymore. I’m not going to lie: Lynyrd does get less attention than before, and it is not easy or convenient to take care of this little high maintenance dog (the sock thief that he is).

IMG_0187cropped

But the truth is, Lynyrd came to my rescue while Justin was in Iraq.

IMG_1388sepia

I was so depressed that a good friend (the piano player from the band, Lynyrd Skynyrd) and his wife said that I was too sad to not have a dog. They wholeheartedly support the troops and asked if they could buy me a puppy. I wasn’t sure of the idea since I’ve never been a dog person, but I had never been so lonely in all of my life. So, after Justin came home for his two week break, I said goodbye to him {again}, and I went dog shopping.

IMG_1266cropped

Justin’s deployment was 14 months. 14 months of crying holidays, lonely Friday nights, sad Sundays, and then all of a sudden, this 1 pound and 10 ounces made me smile every day!

IMG_1241

He knew he had his paws full.

P1120799

He took pride in keeping me happy.

IMG_1641_justLynyrd

IMG_1614cropped

He moved to Texas with me to meet his Daddy.

IMG_0252

Then we moved to South Carolina.

IMG_0407

And now baby comes along.

IMG_1356

Albeit, his world is a little different now.

He always seems to need a haircut.

IMG_0695

His food bowl is usually empty.

IMG_0697cropped

And he gets away with a little bit more than he used to.

IMG_1056

But we love the little guy. I can’t tell you how we find the time to take care of our Lynyrd, but our family wouldn’t be the same without him.

Lynyrd

1 comment:

  1. Not every dog, not just any dog, has his own story.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete