Monday, August 2, 2010

The Ratliffs

This weekend we had a long overdue visit with our cousins, The Ratliffs. Before JW, we used to go visit them in Charleston every couple of months. Sometimes I forget whether we are friends that seem like family, or family that seem like friends. I never would have thought that these two cousins

cousins_circled

would have remained such good friends. I never would have imagined Jason would marry someone that I love so much, and I would marry someone that Jason loves so much!

collage

They have a little yorkie, Baxter, who is only one month older than Lynyrd. They are the bestest of friends.

IMG_0429cropped

Each visit that Lynyrd and Baxter have together is followed by a two day depression for both pups (loss of appetite, fatigue, excessive sleeping, irritability, loss of interest in normal activities, etc.)

IMG_0450

But it is well worth it, because they always have a great time!

IMG_0364cropped

And are exhausted at the end of each day.

IMG_0454

James made sure to welcome Aunt Katie and Uncle Jason with a meltdown, but was on his best behavior for the rest of the visit.

IMG_0363

We had the kind of weekend where we hardly got out of our pajamas. IT WAS GREAT. That’s one of my favorite things about Katie. I can always be myself. {whether my hair is washed, I’m tired and grumpy, or I’m in my sweatpants} We just hung out, played Dominos (my new obsession), watched Jersey Shore (yes, I’ll admit that), grilled out, and played some cornhole.

IMG_0432 IMG_0386

IMG_0384

Ratiliffs1

While we cooked out, I couldn’t resist letting James try fruit any longer! Katie and I just had to give him some applesauce.

It seemed bitter at first.

IMG_0408

But then maybe something we could get used to.

IMG_0410

So we asked for a little more.

IMG_0412

And loved it.

IMG_0414

Jason, Katie and Baxter, thank you so much for making the trip to Cola. We had a great time even though the dynamic of our vacations has changed a little a lot. A beverage holder that once held beer, now holds a baby monitor.

IMG_0455

We love y’all and thanks for a wonderful weekend!

P.S. Happy Birthday to my brother, Hampton. I love you.

scan0001

1 comment: