Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Getting out and Growing Up

Well, the day James turned seven months, Justin and I took a long-overdue vacation sans baby. After traveling with a baby everywhere and learning how much work it involves, I was beginning to think that I would never actually have a vacation again. So, we dropped James off at Nanny and G-G’s, and we headed to our favorite place in the world. Charleston, South Carolina.

James has been loving his playtime with Nanny and G-G. I love this picture of him looking at G-G.

IMG_2003cropped

IMG_2004

And smiling for his Nanny, even though he’s trying to swallow his hand.

IMG_2001

Lynyrd felt very special riding to Charleston with us after we dropped his brother off. He got to have a slumber party over at his cousin, Baxter’s, house.

IMG_1724

Justin and I started the day off with lunch at Red’s on Shem Creek. The weather was perfect. Sunny, cool, and breezy.

IMG_2005

Then we decided to have a day that would be difficult with a baby and dog. We strolled the market, walked through downtown Charleston, and stopped for a drink at Henry’s Bar and Restaurant. We asked someone to take a picture, who did a great job focusing on the wall behind us. :)

IMG_2007

We tried to do as much as possible by the water and eat all the seafood our bellies could handle.

IMG_2011

IMG_2014

We had a fun night out and were so excited to sleep in! After 7 months of ‘James the alarm clock’, I popped up at 5:30. I eventually dozed off for a bit, but after all of our big talk of enjoying the sleep, we realized we didn’t even get 8 hours! We woke up with hand stamps and wristbands and moseyed downstairs for a breakfast on the deck.

IMG_2016edited

With a beautiful view from our hotel deck.

IMG_2018

We did some more shopping and eating then, went to pick up our babies.

Last week James learned how to say “da” and ever since we picked him up on Sunday, he hasn’t stopped saying “…da, da, da, da…”

And this morning, I thought I’d feel his first little tooth, because it’s been a few days since I’ve checked it out, and I found that a second tooth has cut the gum! His left incisor.

I debated whether or not to put these pictures up. Don’t report me to DCF. It looks like I’m torturing him, but I will say these were followed by hugs and kisses, snuggles and apologies. And you can hardly even see the teeth, but here goes…

IMG_2025cropped IMG_2024cropped

Nanny and G-G, Jason and Katie, thank you for watching our babies. You blessed our family by helping Justin and I to have a night away.

James, next time we leave for a night, take it easy on the growing up. Sheeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment