Saturday, October 23, 2010

Our little Punkin

{Prepare yourself for Pumpkin Picture Overload}

James had a Halloween themed birthday party tonight for our friend, Greyson, who was turning one! I was very excited to get wear out of this costume for more than just the hour he’ll wear it on Halloween. I just had to choose the pumpkin costume while I still have a say-so in his wardrobe. And we made sure to get some pictures before even leaving the house in the event that a meltdown might ruin the evening.

IMG_2070

We had one little problem when putting the costume on. You see, James puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. That includes the hat on his head.

IMG_2064cropped

IMG_2066

IMG_2065

Poor baby can’t help that he’s teething.

Justin may not admit this, but he was proud to carry his little punkin into the party.

Pumpkin

Although I was wrapped up in taking pictures of James, I snapped a couple others. The birthday boy was the cutest little Spiderman I ever have seen.

IMG_2107

My favorite little Alice in Wonderland was being shy,

IMG_2111cropped

which meant I got to hold her for a whole 20 minutes or so! I remember when my Emory was a little baby and couldn’t resist my lap. They grow up so fast…

Watson, The White Rabbit, was cute and curious as can be. As always. Love those kiddos.

watson_whtierabbit

Meanwhile, James was rocking his pumpkin costume.

IMG_2086

He couldn’t have been more of a trooper.

IMG_2095cropped

And then he got tired, which undoubtedly happens around 6:45. And he let everyone know it.

IMG_2117

So, we did what every good parent would do. We gave him icing from a cupcake.

IMG_2127

He knew this was something he had never had before. And he knew he wanted more.

IMG_2121

IMG_2123cropped

We gave him a little more and then took him home. This Pumpkin was partied out.

IMG_2134

Happy First Birthday, Greyson, and thank you for inviting us to such a fun party!

IMG_2100edited

4 comments:

  1. Can he please Trick Or Treat at my house? I will give him the whole bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That comment was by Aunt Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest thing I've ever seen . . . okay, since the past pictures.
    Sorry I've missed your calls - that pesky job.

    Love,
    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was supposed to read "since the LAST pictures!" :)

    ReplyDelete