Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, Uncle David

Yesterday James and I spent the afternoon with my Aunt Beth and Uncle David to celebrate his birthday. My Uncle is the only person I’ve ever known to get younger on a birthday. He thought he was turning 58 and was shocked to find out he was, in fact, “only 56!” (Wish I would have thought I was in my thirties; It would have made turning 29 much easier.) We went to Olive Garden for lunch, and James wore his USC bib in honor of the first college football game of the season!

IMG_1184cropped

He got quite the attention from all the ladies at our surrounding tables. (He is not lacking charm… and neither is Uncle David.)

IMG_1182cropped

I may be blinded with love, but I think it’s so cute how James’ ears stick out a little.. or what looks to be a lot in this picture.

IMG_1179edited

Then we headed over to their house so, James could take a nap. Which lasted 20 minutes. He was recharged and wanted to play.

IMG_7876edited

IMG_7879edited

Thank you, Uncle David for including us in your birthday celebration. We had a great time!

IMG_7863

Afterwards, James and his double chin got in his jammies and went to bed at kick off. Justin, Lynyrd and I watched the fighting Gamecocks when their first game of the season! (Go Gamecocks! Until tomorrow, then Go Gators!)

IMG_1186edited2

2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for sharing a great day with us! Y'all make everything much more fun! LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jammies! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete