Thursday, September 23, 2010

Six month update

James had his six month check-up today. He weighs 18 pounds 8 ounces, which is 70th percentile! I knew our boy was putting on some weight, but I was shocked! And proud. :) His head circumference is also 70th percentile. He is 27 1/4 inches long, which puts his height at 85th percentile! No wonder people are starting to say he’s going to be a football player! He had to get three shots today, which seems to hurt me more than it hurts him. He only cried for a minute, and the nurses said he did really well! He even ripped his SpongeBob Band-Aid off in the car. I mean, what big boy needs a Band-Aid, anyways?

IMG_1451

The most bizarre thing happened this month. Day after day while out and about, random people started saying, “What a good baby.” And I would reply, “Thank you,” but I would think, ‘Yeah right, you should see him at home.’ I just realized last week that we have gotten over the hump, and James Wallace is now --- I’ve waited soooo long to say this --- A GOOD BABY!!

IMG_1394edited

His acid reflux is gone. (or colic or whatever you choose to call it, but the thing that made him scream like someone was killing him) Completely gone.

He is now a happy and healthy baby.

IMG_1387cropped

He’s still a little high maintenance in the sense that he doesn’t do so well entertaining himself and wants to be held, held, held. But I can handle that! In fact, I cherish it a bit.

IMG_1480

He is much more go-with-the-flow than before. Like when he sat on a pony at Cowboy Watson's First Birthday Party last week!

IMG_1400edited

He was so tired, I thought he might fall asleep up there. But he did not shed one tear at the party.

IMG_1403

He has started “daycare” a couple of afternoons a week with his Nanny Sasa and G-G now that dance has started back.

IMG_1222cropped

Shockingly, he does so well, that on the first day Justin said, “Ever since I picked him up from my Mom’s, he’s been weirdly happy.”

And we put him in the church nursery last Sunday for the first time. He didn’t cry when we handed him off to a stranger, and he got a great report!

IMG_1464cropped

As for new happenings, he is starting to sit up on his own. (Yes, he is bursting out of his 6 Month Beatles onesie.)

IMG_1380cropped

He can only sit for a minute or so, until something distracts him - usually his foot – and he topples over.

IMG_1453

He has also learned to clap,

IMG_1494edited

and is very entertained by it! (As are we.)

clapping

I am loving this distractible age. It is so cute, and makes life much easier. Our Sweet Baby James is growing up so fast. When referring to having a baby, I often used to say, “I never knew it would be this hard.” I couldn’t be more thankful to now catch myself saying, “I never knew it would be this fun!”

1 comment:

  1. Everytime I read a new blog I think it is my favorite. I'm so happy ya'll are so happy! -Aunt Andrea

    ReplyDelete