Monday, September 27, 2010

Out of the car seat!

I did a very embarrassing thing this morning. I took my camera out at Publix and started taking pictures of James. I know. It was planned, too. I’m only coming clean, because I want to share the pictures.

It was his first time out of the car seat and into the shopping cart! He gets to sit up like a big boy now! A very exciting moment for him, because change is entertainment through the eyes of a six month old.

IMG_1546edited

And very exciting for me, because what mom doesn’t appreciate their child being entertained? Even if it is only for 15 minutes.

IMG_1547

I’m really looking forward to James sitting in highchairs at restaurants, as well. Not that I don’t love him sitting on my lap, while I eat with one hand and push away all nearby objects before he grabs them. Or prying said object from his hand because he beat me to it, and this {like everything else James-related} is new to me.

After I was spotted taking pictures by an employee, I reverted to my cell phone to capture James holding on for dear life.

shoppingcart2edited

He liked sitting up, but was definitely a little scared.

shoppingcartedited

So we grabbed a couple things, and headed outside, where James wondered why his Mom would take him out of his covered car seat on a rainy day.

IMG_1550edited

Fall has always been my favorite time of year. I can only imagine all the exciting things this fall will bring. First football game. First Halloween and Thanksgiving. Wearing shoes. Windy days and walks in the stroller. I just can’t wait. The first day in jeans was exciting enough for us!

jeans

Here’s to a wonderful fall season and all the firsts it will bring us!

IMG_1551edited

1 comment:

  1. I feel like an IG... I always want to comment on your blog and just figured out how easy it is... anyways, I remember how exciting it was when Jack started riding in the cart... That week consisted of shopping at publix, babies 'r us, BJs, Target, and Wal Mart.

    ReplyDelete