Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Humbled {from my phone}

Yesterday morning, James and I were reading this month’s favorite book , Dr. Seuss’ ABC. I decided to ask what each letter was before I read it, and I was SHOCKED when he knew  every letter of the alphabet, but two.  {He thinks E is an F, and he didn’t know what X was, but he does now.}  I was so proud that I even teared up when he said J.  Guess that means I’ll start balling the first time he spells his name.

ABC

So, I’m all thinking child genius and skipping grades and IQ tests.  Then I drop him off in his classroom this morning… I see that his class made owls, and I’m not sure what the black and silver things are on his stomach.  I then realize James was one of only two students to put the eyes and beak on the stomach, rather than the face.

OWL

If parenting is not the most humbling experience out there, then I don’t know what is.  And with that being said, I will keep this owl forever.

1 comment: