Monday, October 17, 2011

Sunny Fall Days

Sunny fall days.  What could be better than that?  Yesterday was perfect.  After church, we walked over to the pumpkin patch and had a picnic {see below}.  After James’ nap, he hugged

pumpkinHDR

kissed,

pumpkin2HDR

and counted his pumpkins.

pumpkin3HDR

Then, we all went outside where Justin carved the bigger pumpkin, and I roasted the seeds.  YUM!

IMG_8943piccinaIMG_8943piclomo

James walked around the backyard eating an apple.  He’s had apple slices before, but he felt so big boy carrying it around like Daddy does.  If you haven’t had an apple lately, apple season is here!  They’re so good in the fall.  James’ favorite is Macintosh, which is what I ate growing up.

IMG_8955vigIMG_8956vig

He played a little t-ball.

IMG_8953

And ate a little apple.

IMG_8954

While I was roasting the seeds, we found James dancing in the living room.  His dancing turned into self-inflicted dizzy spells.

I was making a salad for dinner and decided to wash, dry and jar all the lettuce.  I got the idea from this Salad in a Jar website.  Our lettuce always goes bad, and I hate washing it off each time.  Plus, if it’s all ready to go, then hopefully we’ll eat more salad.  Either way, James loves to get his hands on my salad spinner so, we decided to let him “help”.

19 months1

Sometimes pictures just don’t tell the story well enough.  Here’s the video.  {I love how he watches himself in the dishwasher.}

And now every time, I open my refrigerator, I’m refreshed to see this:

saladinajar 

A simple day.  A family day.  Activities that did not cost any extra money.  It doesn’t get much better than this.

IMG_8976pic1960s

No comments:

Post a Comment