Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Turning 30

Not going to lie; I’m not that happy about turning 30.  I’m very blessed at 30.  A wonderful husband, a happy and healthy child, a home, great friends, great family, etc.  But just being honest here.  Turning 30 stings. 

So, anyways, now that that’s out of the way… I celebrated my 30th birthday with my husband and cousins/bestest friends. :)  I posted a few pics on our first day, but here are a few more.

After stuffing our faces with shrimp, fish, fried goodness, and alcohol, we walked the Cooper River Bridge a couple of mornings.  I was wishing I brought my camera this trip, but was thankful for the convenience of cell phones.

bridge2ac

We beat the rain on the walks, although you wouldn’t guess that by this picture.

bridge3ac

We did all the touristy things.  Outlet mall, The Citadel Gift Shop, King Street shopping, outdoor lunches, and of course, a walk through the new and improved Market. 

market

On Shem Creek, we had lunch at Red’s {thank you, Andrea!}.  While the storm came in over our hotel and the dolphins played in the water.

ShemCreekInnac

We enjoyed the creek-side view from our balcony,

photohdrish

but were more than excited to pack up and visit Jason and Katie on Friday.

IMG_20110820_142117

I had a GREAT birthday.  Long, restful nights of sleep.  Relaxing days.  Time to enjoy my marriage.  An awesome weekend with my cousins.  I couldn’t have asked for a better birthday.  I must have said “I need a break!” 100 times last month.  It was perfectly refreshing.

But the very best thing about our vacation was coming home.

16 months20

I have every reason to celebrate being 30.  And looking forward to going home is a blessing in itself.  I have a childhood friend that tragically lost her 5 year old baby boy last week.  It has been on my heart.  And I find myself squeezing my baby just a little bit tighter every chance I get.

IMG_8365edit

I am thankful for such a wonderful weekend.  I am thankful for parents that wanted to spend the weekend with my baby.  I’m thankful for a husband that I love so much.  And I am thankful for every minute I have with my baby boy.

IMG_8364edit

No comments:

Post a Comment