Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking back

Another year has come and gone.  Thank goodness for my blog, because looking back, I had forgotten half of these 2011 moments!  I am shocked that it was only one year ago when James experienced his first snow.  January 2011.  it feels like it’s been three years!

IMG_3386edited

In February, we celebrated Mammy’s birthday in Charleston!  James walked The Citadel Parade Grounds for the first time, making for a very proud Daddy and Papa.

IMG_4306

In March, my sweet baby boy had his first birthday,

IMG_8235

his baptism,

IMG_4565

AND his first steps!  ALL IN ONE WEEKEND.  {Insert: “They grow up fast!” and a tearful Mommy.}

IMG_4676

In April, we visited The Strawberry Farm.  And it was that day when my son started deadlifting.  It started with a strawberry bucket and has continued with watermelons, pumpkins, gallons of milk, Christmas presents, you name it.  He’s a mini-Justin Helfer.  But it was that day at the strawberry farm that I took my all time favorite picture of James. :)

IMG_5355edited

In May, James had his first haircut {first of many haircuts, all against his will}.  Hoping they will start to get a little better this year…

IMG_5775

In June, my poor baby had surgery to get tubes in his ears.  It was a very rough couple of months leading up to it, extremely hard to hand him over to the nurse, but it was the best thing that ever happened to him.  And we’ve been happy, healthy and antibiotic-free ever since!

IMG_6449

In July, we put our house on the market!  We haven’t had much traffic, which has been fine with me, because I love this house.  But it sure has made me keep it clean… well, clean-er!

IMG_7046edit

We ended the summer with a GREAT beach day in the Isle of Palms.

IMG_7898cinema

I turned 30 in August and James had his very first day of preschool!

IMG_8048text

We joined some friends for Labor Day weekend at the lake.  At that time, eight teeth decided to cut James’ mouth. All. At. Once.  It made for a painful, fussy, miserable month, but that’s four molars and four incisors that we conquered in September!

IMG_8660

And it was because of those eight teeth that James couldn’t take a pacifier so, we said goodbye to the paci for good!  I giant milestone in my book!

October kicked off the holidays with Halloween!  Between Halloween and the pumpkin patch, James entered a little place called Heaven.  And the deadlifting dramatically increased.

IMG_8870picnik

And then we traveled to Jacksonville for Thanksgiving, and it was around this time that James discovered Charlie Brown {which is completely noteworthy in our family}.

IMG_9664

Christmas sure does consume December.  And I love it.  I especially loved spending the Christmas season with James.  It’s magical to see a person discover Christmas and all that it entails.  And I can’t wait to experience it with him next year.  Or should I say this year?

ChristmasCardcrop

Here’s to a happy and healthy New Year!

May we find togetherness.

IMG_0437edit

Productivity.

IMG_0420crop

Love.

IMG_0144

Blessings.

IMG_0130

Friends.

EllieandJames

and happiness.

20months

May we all have a Happy New Year!

1 comment: